8.12.2009

fun with macro.

sometimes i wish very much that i could spend all day taking macro pictures of beautiful flowers. right now i will have to be satisfied with a few zinnias and verbena in my front yard.

the people driving by must have thought i was crazy. i didn't realize how very close you actually have to get to your subject to take photos with a macro lens. you basically shove your camera as close as you possibly can without actually touching it. the results are stunning, though, with much more detail...

i know that in the world of dslr cameras, i still have much to learn... but i thought that for my first outing with my macro lens, i did pretty well! i'm thinking i may have to print a few of these up to hang in the house...





2 comments:

kd-m said...

wooooo! camera jealousy! (I'm still rockin' my 5 yr old point'n'shoot digital.) I loooove the shot of the dusty rose colored flower!

Anonymous said...

aw love them! they are so happy!! good job! :)