5.19.2010

learning how to tile.

before

over the easter weekend (you know, last month!), d and i went up to amarillo and helped my parents tile their kitchen. i finally remembered my camera last weekend, and took some pictures of our handiwork. i can't believe how far this kitchen has come... UPDATE my mom sent me a photo of the kitchen before... can you believe how far it's come?


after their new laminate countertops were installed, my parents picked out some tile and we headed up there for two very long days of work. for anyone interested in learning how to tile... it will save you a ton of money, but it does require lots of time and patience. just be sure to do your research or talk to someone with tiling experience.


these pictures aren't the greatest... i still haven't quite figured out how to take the best photos in low-light situations with no flash, but this gives you an idea of what it looks like. there's still tons of wallpaper to deal with - but that will be another time. the folks are still debating on colors... although they know my vote will always be green :)

No comments: