6.12.2008

my friend katie

so, i have this friend katie decker who's getting married july 26th. she's also a graphic designer (an amazing one btw), overly ambitious and she's my friend (can't you tell?). so as a wedding gift to the bride and groom, i took it upon myself to make her a special paperlust book! (there was another motive here though) i've been wanting to try a coptic binding method i've been researching and katie's book gave me the perfect excuse!


here's a close-up of the beautiful spine you get with this binding method.


katie was kind enough to screenprint some paper just for me! (she used the yellow fabric sans-ruffles for her wedding invites) the monogram is another one of her beautiful design creations and she had a stamp made specially for their wedding.



after spending...awhile...figuring the coptic stitch out, i decided i hadn't punished myself enough for one night and made katie a little bag to keep her book safe. the paper tendrils in the background are from my last minute decision to deckle the edges of the inside pages.

3 comments:

Little Lovables said...

Wow, that is absolutely gorgeous!

Handcrafted by LaMar said...

the book is lovely...my first thought was a wedding album and when I get married would love something like this for my children and they children to have as a way to look back at went made it all

Delice said...

Oh that is so beautiful!!