1.04.2010

a new year.

i know everyone else is posting or has already posted about their new year's resolutions, but i kind of feel like putting it out there for everyone to read would be good for me. please note this is my watered down, condensed list. i didn't want to bore you all to death.

become a more healthy eater. i'll admit, i probably eat fast food hamburgers and corn dogs way more often than is recommended. i'm not saying you shouldn't enjoy a little grease every once in a while, but moderation is the key to everything, right?

grow my own veggies. i got about 3 teeny tiny tomatoes from my efforts last year and i'm not too happy about it. this year, i should have a little more time on my hands to take care of the garden, so i'm going to focus on veggies and herbs more and flowers less.

be a better housekeeper. not only in keeping the house looking nice, but keeping clutter from taking over. i have gone to several estate sales this year that i thought as i looked around... this is going to be me... with just STUFF that i have collected over a lifetime that nobody wants. i don't want to be that person. so i am getting rid of all the things i really don't need in my life and just holding onto the stuff that we use and that really means something. a really great quote that i need to engrave in my mind... "have nothing in your home that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful" (william morris) i actually prefer my things to be both... but that doesn't always happen.

take more photos. i want to keep improving my photography skills, and the only way to do that is to get out there and shoot. i have a few folks who are willing to be my guinea pigs... now if it will just warm up outside... i guess i will just have to be content taking pictures of the dogs (that's right, we have a new little critter now... photos soon to come) all snuggly on the blankets for now.



i also wanted to take some time to let you all know that i will not longer be selling my books on etsy. it has been a great run, but i knew from the beginning that this wasn't going to be a permanent gig on my part and i think the time has come. my husband has found a great full-time job that he loves and now that we both work 'normal' hours i feel like my time should be spent pursuing more of my own interests and hobbies as well as spending more time with loved ones. please know that i will still be making books as well as invitations, announcements, etc. for friends and family...

No comments: